Host Your Own Site
When I knew I wanted to start a blog, I asked other bloggers and website owners to recommend a hosting service. The recommendation was loud, clear, and unanimous: Bluehost.
After all of the great Bluehost recs I received from other bloggers, and after doing tons of my own research, I decided on Bluehost. As far as I was concerned, Bluehost came out ahead of all the other hosting services in terms of the following criteria: reputation, value, included products and services, technical support/customer service, and WordPress support.
- Reputation. Bluehost has got an impeccable rep. After talking with personal friends and others in various blogging communities, I found that the consensus was that Bluehost was THE go-to hosting service. Successful bloggers seemed to almost universally recommend Bluehost. For me, a personal recommendation goes a long way. But virtually every digital review publication that I checked out also gave Bluehost the best possible review. These publications have got website pros writing those reviews. When these folks give a hosting service that level of review, I pay close attention. Top10.com recently ranked Bluehost as the number one hosting provider of 2022 with a score of 9.7 out of 10. Like I said, I pay attention to stuff like this.
- Value. Obviously, I encourage everyone to shop around. But for me, I felt that what I was getting with Bluehost (and as you’ll see, it’s tons) was a lot of bang for my buck.
- Included products and services. With Bluehost, you get domain registration (my site’s URL, renaissancegardenguy.com, is registered to me only and is guaranteed to stay that way), super security protocol (their SiteLock Security is unbeatable), free SSL certification (another level of online security), and a free, simple 1-click installation of WordPress (the go-to content management [web building] system for bloggers and web site owners) onto your site. I’m not a techie, but I can tell you that a Bluehost subscription comes with a lot of awesome bells and whistles.
- Technical support and customer service. When it comes to any and all questions or concerns, the team at Bluehost is unbeatable. Their technical support is awesome, and their customer service reps are friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. And they’re available 24/7. You just can’t beat Bluehost in these areas.
- WordPress support. If you’re tech savvy, you’ll be thrilled with the free, 1-click installation of WordPress onto your newly registered site. You’ll be able to hit the ground running and start building your site, exactly how you want it, and without any help. WordPress is so fertile, well-equipped, and adaptable, the sky literally is the limit. And speaking of the sky… If you’re not tech savvy (like me), than you’ll want to take advantage of an incredible suite of WordPress site building and support services offered by Bluhost, called Blue Sky. You can choose from different packages, from Blue Sky Basic (on-demand ticket support) through Blue Sky Pro, which includes SEO tools (stuff that makes your site get noticed more quickly in online searches), mobile optimization help (so your site works great on all devices), and on-demand telephone support. Bluehost gives you the power and genius of WordPress, and offers you all the help you could ever need in exploiting its awesome potential.
The entire process was incredibly fast and simple. I got a fabulous hosting package that’s reliable, secure, and remarkably efficient and effective. And if I ever have a question, that fabulous customer support I just mentioned is right there for me – the Bluehost team is excellent on all counts.
If you’re thinking about beginning your own blogging or website adventure, Bluehost is the hosting answer. To learn more about Bluehost and what they offer, or to let them handle all of your site hosting needs, simply click on any of the Bluehost banners on this page. Good luck, and Happy Blogging!